Exciting news to share with everyone on the Catholic Education front this week, as the National Catholic Education Association just announced their full slate of 2019 Social Media Influencers. And to cut right to the chase: I’m honored to have been selected as one of eight finalists from schools, parishes, and dioceses across the United States to help join in this interactive approach to friendly gauntlet of pre-conference competition.
The goal: use social media (primarily Twitter) to help get teachers talking about Catholic education, and spread the word about all the amazing things that are happening in Catholic schools across the country.
The prize: one all-expense paid trip to Chicago for the 2019 NCEA Annual Conference.
Want to play along? Verbatim, from the NCEA website…
“As always, NCEA encourages everyone to follow, retweet and interact with our contestants using #CathEdSocial – to spread their messages and spur their engagement via cross promotion of their social strategies!”
- Week 1 (September 24): Why Choose Catholic Education?
- Week 2: (October 1): Professional Development for Catholic Educators
- Week 3: (October 8): Early Childhood Education
- Week 4: (October 15): Catholic Schools: Learn. Serve. Lead. Succeed
- Week 5: (October 22): STREAM
- Week 6: (October 29): Exceptional Learning in Catholic Schools
- Week 7: (November 5): Digital Discipleship
- Week 8: (November 12): NCEA 2019: Convention and Expo – Prelim. Sessions of Interest
- Thanksgiving Break: November 19 – 23: No Posts
- Week 9: (November 26): Leadership in Catholic Schools
- Week 10: (December 3): Catholic Identity
Best of luck to fellow finalists
Teacher at St. Francis Xavier School
Diocese of Jefferson City
Principal at Saint Anna Catholic School
Diocese of Worcester
5th grade teacher at St. Pius V School
Diocese of Providence
Adjunct Faculty Member and Professional Development Consultant at the The Andrew M. Greeley Center for Catholic Education
Diocese of Providence
Language Arts teacher at the School of the Incarnation
Archdiocese of Baltimore
Director of Technology at Calvert Catholic Schools
Diocese of Toldedo
Middle school Math and Science teacher at Christ the King Catholic School
Archdiocese of St. Louis