Can you save Westeros? Winter is coming for the #EggDashChallenge!
In honor of tonight’s season premier of the eighth and final season of HBO’s juggernaut fantasy epic, Game of Thrones — I whipped up a wintry dragon inspired variant on the core #EggDashChallenge gameplay and wanted to share it here on the blog for anyone who might be interested.
The core activity works exactly like the original #EggDashChallenge, and can be used with any existing worksheet or review activity. All you’ll need is a pair of scissors and a bunch of plastic eggs!
- Take any normal worksheet with review questions.
- Cut the sheet into slips.
- Hide those slips in plastic eggs.
Teams collect and egg at random then race back to their team compete to solve as many as they can before time expires! Rinse and repeat.
- Students work in teams with 4-5 classmates in desk groups.
- Place the “Egg Pile” in the center of the room.
- Start a timer on the overhead board. Highest point total by the end wins!
- Make sure to number your questions!
- Keep things safe by reminding teams that they are ONLY allowed to solve questions while seated with their desk group (no “texting and driving,” so to speak).
- Consider revealing hidden point values at the very end of your game, which adds an awesome element surprise.
Don’t forget to snap photos or video of your high-energy event and use the hashtags #EggDashChallenge and #EDrenaline to join the worldwide fun! We’ve had teachers sharing videos from more than 30 US states, 5 Canadian provinces, and 7 different countries around the globe.