It’s a Race Right Down to the Wire!
Looking to get caught up in the election spirit? I’m on pins and needles awaiting the returns from the 2020 U.S Presidential Election, and so I whipped up a Google Slides template that you can use for just about any course or content area that you can think of. Feel free to save a local copy and edit and share it with your students in any way that you’d like! There’s really no limit to how you can remix and retheme this resource. Some quick ideas I’m kicking around might include:
- Use this slide deck for your direct instruction this week to teach about the U.S. Election
- Edit individual slides to reflect breaking news relevant to your classroom
- Give students some time to process the election results with their classmates
- Help students make sense of the Electoral College and recount procedures
- Share this template with students and have them curate their own “top 5 2020 Election Moments” slides
- Encourage students to create a living ledger of this historic election
- Spark conversation about “real news” and “fake news”
- Etc. Etc. Etc.